Elementary Academic Day
4 Events-1 Day: Quiz Bowl, Spelling Bee, Math Bee, Science Fair
ES Academic Day Manual
PPT: ES Academic Day Mini-Clinic
Quiz Bowl (Team event for students in grades 3-5)
- Round Robin (each team plays each team in the region minimum 3 rounds)
- Rounds are 12 questions with 2 bonus questions
- Allow 30 minutes per round
- Awards are given after the last round of Quiz Bowl
- Set up and start interviews(some students may be involved in other events so interviews will be adjusted as needed)
- Awards are given at the end of the day
Spelling Bee (1st & 2nd)
- 1st grade will start followed by 2nd grade
- Awards are given after each Bee
Lunch Break (time will be determined by the Host School)
Afternoon: 12ish-3 (Note: Math Bee & Spelling Bee will run concurrently in the afternoon)
Elementary Math Bee:
- Individual and team event for grades 3-5
- A school may send 4 students from each grade 3rd, 4th, & 5th
- Students will take 2 grade-appropriate tests, each allowing 30 minutes per test with a short break between each test.
- Round 1 will be individual tests and Round 2 will be a team test.
- Medals are given to the highest scorer per grade and a trophy will be given to the highest scoring team from the total of rounds 1 & 2.
Elementary Spelling Bee:
- Individual event for grades 1-5 (Grades 1 & 2 go in the morning)
- A school may send 2 students from each grade 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th
- An oral spelling bee using grade-appropriate words and the rules listed in this manual under Spelling Bee.
Note: GAPPS will use this list for the first 2 rounds, then reserves the right to go off-list (will start off list words at the beginning of a round)
- Medals awarded to the top two placing students in each grade after each grade
Please go to the individual event pages for the complete Rules and Resources.
Quiz Bowl Resources:
Feb. 8-Heritage Christian (Brunswick)
Feb. 11-Grace Fellowship (Greensboro)
Feb. 18- The King's Academy (Woodstock)
Feb. 19-Mikado Baptist (Macon)
Feb. 23-Peachtree Academy (Covington)