High School Quiz Bowl
A: Jan. 20, 2021
AA/Advanced: Jan. 21, 2021
(1971 S Main St, Greensboro, GA)
NAQT sets to be used for GAPPS 2021 tournaments:
- Region: Invitational Series # 194A and Middle School Series # 36
- State: Invitational Series # 197 and Middle School Series # 37
(Please refrain from entering outside tournaments that will use the above sets
Currently, NAQT is only allowing Virtual Tournaments through the middle of November. They will make a determination about our January event in October or November. GAPPS is still planning in-person events IF NAQT allows us. Please be patient as we await word form NAQT.
New for 2020-21
Schools will be divided into 2 Divisions: A & AA/Advanced
- ‘AA’-Larger Schools and/or Advanced schools: This will include ALL schools that would typically be designated AA in Arts & Academics by the number of students in HS as well as include all schools that participate in multiple NAQT events and are considered Advanced schools. The number can change on an every other year basis and schools may ask to join this division (play up).
- ‘A’-Smaller Schools or Novice Division: This would include all schools designated A by HS numbers.
- The ‘A’ Division will only have the State tournament.
- ‘A’ Division schools may field only 1 team per grade category (HS/MS).
- There will be 16 toss-up questions per round, plus a two-part bonus question for each correctly answered toss-up. (ES has 12 questions plus bonus)
- Competitions will be set up as round robins unless otherwise stated.
- Each round will generally last 25-30 minutes.
- Points: Both toss-up and bonus questions are worth 10 points apiece.